There is so much more to owning a car than simply driving it. Aside from ensuring that it is in tip-top condition, it should also be clean and look good as new to ensure the health and comfort of occupants. This is where auto detailing enters the picture.What You Need to Know About Car Detailing in Dubai is important as taking care of anything else that matters, especially if you love your car!
Auto detailing is defined as the performance of thorough cleaning, restoration, and finishing of a car both inside and out, to produce a show-quality level of detail. Generally, this process is broken down into two categories: interior or cabin and exterior.
This involves deep cleaning of the interior cabin. Car interiors of the last five decades have different materials used inside the cabin such as plastics, carbon fiber composites, natural fibers, leather, vinyl, synthetic carpet upholstery, and others. A variety of techniques and products are used to clean them. Vacuuming is a standard technique, and steam cleaning, foam and liquid chemicals, as well as brushes may be used to remove stains on upholstery.
Meanwhile, exterior detailing entails cleaning and restoring or surpassing the original condition of the surface of the car’s finish, windows, chrome trim, tires and other visible components on the car exterior. Wide-ranging techniques and products are used to do this based on the surface condition, surface type, or the detailer’s preference. Included in the products are acid-free degreasers and detergents that break down dirt and soil; waxes and polishes that resurface and enhance reflectivity; detail clay that removes embedded contaminates, as well as various applicators, drying towels and brushes.
In Dubai, among the most popular and trusted car detailing brands used by technicians in car service centers are 3M and Meguiars
Detailing Your Car: The Benefits
While it is true that every car is different, a thorough detail will practically improve the surface of any vehicle; from strikingly glossy paint to UV protected, low sheen vinyl and rubber, cleaned and conditioned leather and shiny chrome.
The following are the other benefits of auto detailing:
- Removes marks and slows down the paint’s fading process – Car detailing rejuvenates paint by reducing or removing existing swirls, fading, etching, and scratches, and ensures that it stays in good condition for longer.
- Long-lasting cleanliness – Extensive decontamination and protective treatments give the car slickness, thus keeping the dirt from sticking on the surface easily.
- An impressive finish – Detailed cars are an eye candy. After the car detailing service, you will see and feel the difference.
- Long-term protection – Auto detailing involves eliminating contaminants which can eat into the finish, and sealing it.
- Retain the car’s value – Detailing takes the car’s appearance to new heights, thus making it stand out from the rest.
- Thorough paint inspection – Paintwork, in combination with advanced gauges and inspection lamps, helps detect existing or potential issues.
How Much Does Car Detailing Cost in Dubai?
The cost of car detailing varies in every country and city. In Dubai, a car detailing service costs around AED 400 to AED 900, but it depends on the size of the car, the surface materials of the interior and exterior, the amount of products used and the condition of the car.
Auto detailing dramatically improves the look of any vehicle both in the interior and exterior. With Dubai’s harsh weather conditions that can take a huge toll on your vehicle, it is wise to take your car to a professional auto service center now.