Finding a Reliable and Honest Service Garage in Dubai is extremely important. Whether your vehicle is a luxury car like a Lamborghini or a subcompact car, there will come a day when you need to visit a garage. There is no car that can go on and on without needing regular checks and maintenance, however costly it may be. The visit may be for regular maintenance, minor repairs or even major repairs.
Finding a reliable and honest garage in Dubai however is no easy task. Opting for agency repairs will ensure that your car is serviced by professionals who have more expertise with a particular model and will use genuine parts but this may culminate in huge bills. However, independent garages are generally staffed by poorly trained technicians who have little or no specialized knowledge. The high prevalence of spurious and grey market parts in Dubai and their widespread use by independent garages is another major concern.
There are many backstreet garages in Sharjah, Ras Al Khor and Al Quoz areas that may offer their services and products for a seemingly cheap rate. Opting for these garages may pave the way for a much bigger repair bill in the future and may even endanger your safety on Dubai roads.
Here are five things to look out for when you select the garage you plan to use on a regular basis:
- Trained technicians: The service garage you choose should be staffed by trained technicians who know what they are doing and attend regular training sessions on the latest techniques in the field.
- Original Spare Parts: The service garage should use only genuine or equivalent parts while repairing your vehicle. The same part may come with a price tag of AED 1000 or AED 100. The garage should offer you different alternatives which will not your pocket too badly while getting the job done. You may be a bargain hunter, but spurious or grey market parts should not be used at the cost of your life and that of your passengers.
- Modern Equipment: The service garage should have the most modern and up-to-date equipment and specialized tools like Hunter machines for tire changing.
- Space and Light Considerations: There should be plenty of service bays and lighting to facilitate easy repair and identification of issues.
- Transparent and Value prices: The service garage should be clear about the pricing for parts, labor and services and should give you a quote in advance before any work is done. You may even save some money by sourcing and supplying consumable items like spark plugs yourself.